Friday, October 30, 2009

Never too late

I received a postcard. A cute one from Tunisia written Tunisie....(maybe that's how Tunisians pronounced it), with small great photos in it. Most probably displaying some of the interesting things about Tunisia.

I was not surprised when I received the postcard. As usual it was adressed to MAK & FAMILY. Sounds Chinese...? Well...let it be. I am the "Mak"....She usually sends one postcard whenever she went somewhere. I will keep them in an album as a memoir.

What instantly strikes my mind is why did the postcard came so late. A month late judging by the postal chop. Was it the postal blunder, backlog or.....or is email and internet has taken over the job of relaying news. While I do not deny the efficiency of the internet, I will always feel very nice and happy whenever I received a mail, a postcard with good news of course...!

I personally feel that postcards is are things of the past since they are hard to find and they are not up to date. I remembered the difficulty of finding one when I went to Thailand. When they are one of the usual things in bookstalls, they are scarce now.

I still like to see them even if they are a little expensive now. And I will buy them whenever I came across them in some of my travel.

By the way thank you for the Tunisie postcard. A nice one.

No comments: