Saturday, October 10, 2009

My friend...a friend in need is a friend indeed....

"It never occur to me ....that such thing could ever happen to me..." Often I hear a statement like that.
Well...who does? It is always the least expected. But it did happen.

"He is cheating behind my back..."
Most certainly....obviously....nobody will cheat in front of you. Somehow someone who cheats will always try not to let others know...

I remember that day.......


It was hot afternoon and it was Ramadhan. I was driving alone... cruising at just about 30 - 40 km/hr, looking for her. I had been doing that for weeks, almost a month now. I knew I could finally meet up with her one day. God willing....

I had been passing through the same rows of the same houses repeatedly day in day out. I just did not know where to go any more. The neighborhood seemed quite, perhaps they took their afternoon nap....or mostly might be still at work.

But that did not dampen my spirit.

I kept searching for her. I must not gave up hope. I only knew her name, her house but I had almost forgotten how she look like. Truly, I met her once. Yes, only once and that was a year ago.
no contact number, I did not feel it was necessary back then.

A few days earlier I went to her new temporarily rented house but it was empty. I didn't know whether it was her house...but she lived around there. No car in the driveway. All I got was some curious stares from her neighbors. I gave them a smile, get back to my old sedan and drove off.

That day was one of my lucky day. As I passed by her own house which was under major renovation, I saw a car. I thought it must be her car. I stopped and parked my car under a small tree quite a distance away. As I walked towards the house, I saw a woman coming out of the wide open gate and was about to unlock her car door.

"Amy...." I called out.

She startled and looked into my direction.

"Amy..."

"Yes....?"

"Oh thank God..." What a relief....

"Who are you....?"

I extended my hand. "We have met before...I don't know whether you remember me. I have been looking for you..." I said, ignoring her question. "Let's go somewhere. I want to talk to you....."

And I told her everything....just about everything.

"I don't care whether you believe me or not. But I believe in what I saw..." I sighed, holding back my tears. I remembered, it was the holy month. I should not be crying.

She looked dejected....sad and angry.

That was the beginning of a friendship and sharing the misfortune and agony. Many, many years had passed....the ugly feeling is still there, haunting me.

I know. I feel awful.

Astaghfirullah.....

No comments: